Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Meet Jade


Today I received an e-mail informing me that I have a roommate, Jade Ang. I was a little surprised, since I'd been assuming I'd be on my own in the homestay. That was the plan, but when she called her host mother yesterday, the woman said that she'd changed her mind and could no longer host a student! So last-minute scrambling landed her with me. We're on the same flight to Rome, she speaks some Italian, and I'm psyched to have a roommate!

Jade called our host mom and she apparently speaks pretty good English, which definitely makes me more comfortable, even though I'm planning to take every opportunity to practice Italian. Okay, okay...not every opportunity, just, you know, quite a few.

Forget about worrying. Looks like this semester is going to work out!

No comments:

Post a Comment